Monday, October 3, 2011

Yes!

When it comes to foster care, my husband hasn't always been on the same page as me. He has always known this is something I wanted to do and I think he thought maybe when our kids were all grown or at least teenagers we would "think" about doing foster care. So when I sprung it on him earlier this year he was a little taken aback by the idea. I admit it was pretty bad timing, at the time his job was extremely demanding, he was stressed and already felt that he didn't have enough time at home with the kids. There was no way we could begin the process then but at least he knew that I was giving this some serious thought and that I was ready. Soon after our talk, Randy started working for a new company and is finally enjoying the flexibility that our family needs. We are still just as busy as ever but so much of that stress has been alleviated and he has the time now to be home with us. We continued to talk about foster care and his concerns, I have read and researched just about as much as I can just to get an idea if this is really what I want to do. I don't know why I have such a strong desire to do this but I just know that I have to. Another job opportunity has come his way and he may have a big decision to make. I trust him completely when it comes to his career and the direction he feels he needs to go. My only concern was that once again work would become all consuming and my dreams of doing foster care would be pushed aside. After expressing this to him over dinner Saturday night he said "go ahead and sign us up." Seriously? Really? He said yes! Holy cow, now I am nervous, do I really want to do this? I know that I do but when your dream suddenly becomes a reality it is a little crazy! I have thought about this for as long as I can remember, I am definitely excited. My husband has the biggest heart of anyone I know, I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else but him.

No comments:

Post a Comment