Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cheap

I am cheap. I hate spending full price on anything. I love to shop clearance racks, use coupons and get a good deal on everything. I am frugal in some areas of my life but not in others, it's good to have a balance right? I heard that some places will give discounts to foster families but haven't had much luck finding any except for a local kids resale shop. Somewhere I heard that the YMCA gives discount memberships to foster families but haven't had time to check into it. I called the other day and the girl who answered didn't give me much information but just said to come in and talk with them. So today we took a little trip down to the Y and took a tour of their fabulous facility. Another mom was taking the tour too and actually brought up the question of discounts for foster families, she does respite care. The "concierge" told us it was completely free for the whole family! Oh happy day, gotta love free! I was hoping for a discount but heck, you can't beat free! I am very excited, especially with summer coming and the kids are all home from school. My teenager has been bugging us to join a gym so he is going to love it! They have a heated outdoor pool, top of the line fitness equipment, group classes, a huge basketball gym, rockwall, and a really fun kids area with free child care for the little ones while I make a fool of myself on the treadmill. I guess I have no more excuses for not getting in shape! I've tried looking online for other discounts maybe to our local museums or zoo but haven't found much. If you know of any please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment