Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Update

I called Turtle's case worker today just to get an update on things and find out if we would be able to take our sweet boy on vacation with us at the end of the month. I am still trying to figure out if I really want to know what is going on with my kids cases or if I like being kept in the dark.  I have to say that I really like this caseworker, I haven't called him much but of the few times I have he has answered his cell phone every single time, I have never had to leave a message. He caught me up to date on what has been happening, bio moms rights have already been terminated, I'm not sure if this happened since I've had him or before but she has never had any contact with him that I know of. Apparently there was a hearing today for TPR on dad who is currently incarcerated and will be for awhile. The bio dad's mother wants Turtle placed with her but everyone involved is against it, her background isn't too stellar either. A hearing to decide on his placement with her is scheduled for the 16th. I already knew some of this but having an actual date is so scary, if the judge decides Turtle be placed with his grandma he would leave right away. I don't know if I can do this again so soon. I knew Turtle was another short term placement, but still thought we would have him for at least a few months. I am still very hopeful that he will be free for adoption and we can help make another family's dreams come true. It is hard enough letting these babies go but to have to send him into a bad situation is just unthinkable. There is no way you can let your mind get too wrapped up in it all, I have to remind myself constantly that we are loving him and keeping him safe and that he is happy. I know that we have made a difference even if it is just for a little while. Just 30 minutes ago everything was great, now I have a BIG date looming over my head. Now what do I do the day of the hearing? Do I have everything packed up just in case, would they move him immediately? I wish I wasn't so new to all of this and knew a little more about what to expect. I think all we can really do is expect the unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment