Friday, March 23, 2012

The Call

Our lives changed today at about 1 0'clock. My husband always calls me about that time on his way back to the office after lunch so I didn't think much of the phone ringing at that time until I heard the caller ID say the one thing I've been waiting to hear since Wednesday! Our placement coordinator knows the child we are willing to take so she has been submitting us when a case comes available. I was wondering if she would call us every time she submitted our name but apparently not because CP$ called me directly and said our agency said we would be willing to take this little boy. Well of course I said yes and she said she would have the caseworker call us. I quickly called my husband (after I jumped up and down!) and told him we got the call but I didn't know anything else yet or if it was even a done deal. About 10 minutes later the caseworker called and gave me all the information she had, she was so super nice! Going into this I was really worried about dealing with all the adults involved, the kids would be easy, the adults maybe not so much! I have only had one conversation with her but she was beyond friendly and I am excited to work with her. I called my husband back, gave him all the details that I had and talked about what needed to be done. We also talked about how sad this really is. I can't imagine what these parents must feel right now. After doing my little happy dance my heart ached for this family but at the same time there are obviously things going on in their lives that warrant their children needing a safe place to call home. I am so glad that I have kept up with the house this week! I did major cleaning on Monday & Tuesday so I just had to keep it straightened up. After getting off the phone I ran around making beds, unloading the dishwasher, vacuumed the kitchen area and picked up some toys. Then I got to the fun part of going through the clothes I have gotten here and there, putting away the girly things that we won't need and taking inventory of what we need. i haven't gotten much in the way of clothes but I do have some new onesies and socks and blankets that will help until we make a run to the store later today. I washed up the baby tub, set up the swing and the play mat and now we just wait! They are coming from over an hour away and had to make another stop first so luckily I have had about 3 hours to prepare myself and my kids for our new arrival. I have been thinking about this day for so long, I can't believe today's the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment