Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Turtle

When Drummer came to us it was seriously love at first sight, I was all in. I have to say that I really hate babysitting other people's kids. I have tried it and I just don't like it. The one thing I was worried about when it came to fostering is if I would feel like I was babysitting someone else's kids. I was relieved to find out that no, it is not that way at all. I was amazed to find out just how quickly you can fall in love with a child you don't even know, I felt fiercely protective of him. When Turtle came on Friday, it wasn't quite the same. For the first 2 days I thought there is something seriously wrong with this kid, there is alot that he should be doing by now that he's not. I wish I would remember to take a picture the day that these kids come into our home. It is amazing how much they change in just a few short days, Turtle looks like a completely different child. Maybe he was just dazed and confused, I don't know but he is definitely not the same little boy that came through my front door on Friday. It took a few days but by Monday I was completely in love! It took a few days to figure him out, and we are still working on getting him up to speed, I will seriously throw a party when he claps for the first time! He isn't crawling yet but he gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth like a rock star, he's gonna do it just in his own time. I love cheering him on and giving him all the attention he can handle! I have to admit, it is really nice that he sleeps through the night! I originally planned on taking in newborn to 12 months and now I just don't know if I could do the newborn thing again. Drummer required alot of time that with 8 kids I just don't know if I have the energy for. Turtle has been a dream, he is on a pretty good schedule and loves his naps! I am looking forward to seeing his case through to the end, whatever that may be. My heart truly is in fostering, I want to see these kids go home or be adopted by a forever family. I don't know how long Turtle will be with us but we are going to do BIG things together!

No comments:

Post a Comment